Obstacles in Acquiring Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Construction Industry
In Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industry, Building Information Modeling is the latest buzz which has attracted many eyeballs for its accuracy and the ability to simplify the bulk of working which is a common struggle in the fragmented industry like construction. It’s a well-known fact that how Building Information Modelling is helpful for every involved member including designers, engineers, project managers, owners and contractors. As much as easy facilitation of Building Information Modeling Architecture and Engineering takes place in building projects at the same frequency obstruction and barriers also rises in the operations of BIM.
Building Information Modeling has its share of challenges that creates the obstruction in embracing the facilities that BIM offers per say BIM Construction Detailing, MEP BIM Services, BIM modelling and the list goes on and on as the services given by BIM are innumerable. But in midst of these great turns, adopting Building Information Modeling is very difficult. There are following hindrance comes between the operation of project and adoption of BIM:
- Reluctance in adopting BIM : There is no doubt that BIM is gaining a lot of attention for its multi-tasking aspect and the ability to simplify the operations, but simultaneously there is also a blockage in its way as the sole expertise in BIM is not easily available among the clients. The major reason for this reluctant behavior in market is the difficulty and time to grasping the handling of BIM as it is the new technology. There is a lack of expertise in BIM especially in the home building sector. That’s why the demand of BIM among the client is not so rampant.
- Relevancy Issues : As BIM is a process more than a technology it has also possess the complexity of handling. The owner/client of small projects doesn’t feel to hire BIM practices as the complexity of BIM doesn’t match with the practices of minor project. The multitude of BIM is overwhelming for these kinds of small projects.
- Issue regarding command over the workflow : Keeping tabs on the controlling input of BIM model is very unsettling task as it requires controlling each and every aspect of BIM model. BIM is utilized several different parties in a construction project, therefore, approach towards protocol is must. Hence, unearthing BIM manager is difficult though the personnel in that position need to have clear knowledge of niche and also deals with higher amount of risk.
- Higher investment cost : For the utilization of BIM, the financial investment includes hardware, software, training and implementation. These following costs are hefty and at times scared away the users with the doubt that their returns can exceed the investment or not?
- Choosing the right IT groundwork : After the advent of BIM, the first and foremost procedure is to analyze, store, manage and integrate the massive record of data. To take out the huge pile of data and managing many databases, bandwidth with good speed and good performance of hardware is important. For the better selection of IT services, company needs to read the responsiveness, security and scalability in thorough manner.
Thus, by overcoming the above-mentioned barriers, the acquisition of BIM can be easy and usage of BIM in the construction industry will increase which leads to accuracy, speediness and clarity on the part of the members of the construction project.
CAD Outsourcing is an India based company specialized in CAD based services with the boon of exploring at International market along with national horizon. Our team of expert professionals is well trained and skilled that takes CAD outsourcing towards the path of success and glory. The services offer by us are HVAC services, Walkthrough and Animation, Cladding, plumbing/piping services, Building Information Modeling, Architectural Services, civil engineering services, structural engineering services, electrical engineering services and mechanical engineering services.
You may also like :