How Building Information Modeling (BIM) functions in Construction Projects
Building Information Modeling is the much talked about topic in circles of construction industry. In recent years the demand of BIM has increased by leaps and bounds as Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industry has realized the efficiency and accuracy it provides during the building procedure. Slowly and steadily, Building Information Modeling Services has gaining ton of accolades for the longevity of services it’s providing throughout the construction phase that spans from inception of idea to after-completion procedures. In order to understand the steps of execution for different aspect, firstly one need to delve into what exactly BIM is, that also own the capacity to function as a Building Information Modeling Architecture or BIM Construction Cost Estimator and the list goes on and on in the forms it can be used.
Building Information Modeling is a process of designing a building that builds collaboratively that brings into the service of one coherent computer system instead of using separate set of drawings. As already mentioned that it’s a process with the benefits of bringing every component of infrastructure together that allows anyone to access the information from anywhere in the world. The usage of BIM is not only at the construction phase but it is employed throughout the project on different aspect for e.g. realistic illustration that visualizes spaces, systems, products and sequences along with the conflict detection that prevents error at the development stage.
Most of the AEC Companies are adopting Building Information Modeling Services because that gives a lasting impression on the clients and owners with its efficiency and on time services accompanied with accuracy and clarity. BIM is implemented for different aspect at different level that goes as:
- Level 1 : It deals with the 2D and 3D and form the file based collaboration
- Level 2 : Consist of file based collaboration and library management for models and objects
- Level 3 : Lifestyle Management, iBIM, dictionaries, data and various processes established by integrated and interoperable data.
Further the BIM process is preceded by various levels of “D” in the following manner :
- 4D is mostly deals with the scheduling of information, whenever any new component is built. It is used to record the delivery time of materials that makes the transportation more effective and lessens the storage issues because materials are immediately installed as soon as they are delivered.
- 5D possess the BIM Construction Cost Estimator that deals with the costing and estimating aspect of the building. Every element in the construction project has a specific cost associated with them. It enables the detailed analysis of budget. 5D helps the delivery team to form the exact predictions to examine the construction target at given time.
- 6D enables to complete the sustainability targets of construction projects including usage of energy resources, the sustainability of materials to be understood from the point of view of management and tracking of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
- 7D is the last stage of BIM and construction project. It is used at the time of handover process to owner. It provides Facilities Management and Asset Management that contributes in ROI.
Conclusively, BIM is spread over the whole construction project from cradle to cradle that have numerous benefits strengthening the Architectural, Engineering and Construction project.
CAD Outsourcing is an India based company that provides the CAD based services at International market along with Indian horizon. Our team of expert professionals provides the best of their expertise with pure hard work and dedication that drives CAD Outsourcing towards the path of success and glory. The services offer by us are Rebar Detailing, Steel Detailing, Shop Drawing services, BIM Services, Architectural Services, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plumbing/Piping Services, HVAC Engineering, Civil Engineering, Cladding, Green Building and 3D Walkthrough and Animation.