Implementation of Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Planning Process
Nowadays, the construction industry is captured by only one term i.e. Building Information Modeling (BIM) that has taken care of every aspect of operation in construction with its independent services for every section including Structural BIM Services and Architectural Bim services. Building Information Modeling Services are best known for its organization, management, accuracy, efficiency and control over the whole construction project. This digital mean, representing the physical and functional characteristics of a structure, requires a lot of planning in order to execute the BIM properly and efficiently. There are several guidelines to achieve a successful BIM planning process:
- Identify the usage of BIM where it utilized in highest degree
- Creation of process maps in order to execute the planning process
- Interpretation of BIM in the format of information exchange
- Development of infrastructure as per the configuration of contractors, communication of whole team, technology and quality control to execute the devised plan.
Following the above mentioned steps, an effective planning process can be succeeded. A structured procedure to achieve the planning process is very important. The above mentioned steps stimulate the planning steps with better communication between the each discipline. As each project has its own planning steps but before developing the planning procedure one must understand the goals and characteristics of project along with the potential of the team members.
The planning process for BIM is one of the essential requirements in any construction project. They provide several benefits that have beneficial in the long run and leads to a good impression on the owners. Some of the major benefits of structured planning process are:
- Each section of each expertise involved in the construction project forms a healthy communication
- Participated organization gets a clear idea about their role and responsibilities within the ongoing construction project.
- With the healthy communication, the planning process is appropriate with the business practices of every specialist engaged with the project.
- An efficient planning process can proved to be a yardstick for future participants.
- The BIM planning process outlines the extra resources and potential to carry the successful project.
- The planning process of BIM allows the purchasing section to regulate the terminology of contract with the assurance of fulfillment from every member of the project.
- An efficient BIM planning process ensures about the awareness of opportunities and responsibilities that BIM provides at the workflow of the project.
Hence, planning process is an essential part of construction when utilizing the BIM as it leads to a better management and coordination between every participants of the project.
CAD Outsourcing is a leading consulting firm dedicated to CAD based services exploring its expertise International horizon along with Indian market. Our team of dedicated and hardworking expert professionals is well-trained and skilled to tackle each and every niche of Architectural, Engineering and Construction projects. The services offered by Architecture services, Structural Services, Electrical Services, Mechanical Services, Plumbing/Piping Services, HVAC Engineering, Civil Engineering, Shop Drawing Services, BIM Services, Rebar Detailing, Steel Detailing, 3D Walkthrough and Animation, Green Building and Cladding.