Building Information Modeling (BIM) -Advantages and Disadvantages
Building Information Modeling has created a lot of buzz from past one decade in Architectural, Engineering and Construction Industry. Nothing surprising in the acclaims that BIM is getting for a while as it goes beyond the just being a software. BIM is not only limited to a technological step up for the construction industry but it altogether a process that deals with every aspect of construction project in efficient and systematic manner. Registering these great benefits and productive results with the usage of BIM leads to the growing adoption of Building Information Modeling Services. There is no doubt that BIM has many advantages but it is like double-edged swords that also holds its own downsides along with several benefits.
Building Information Modeling aka Architectural BIM Service is a virtual representation of physical entities carried out at the construction site accompanied with the technological integration and roping of information from every discipline involved in the project. Hence, summarizes the whole process of BIM. It is the Building Information Modeling that enabled to create three dimensional commutative computer models that can be helmed like a video game. With this amazing edge of technology Building Information Modeling also share certain pain to work with. Further are the following disadvantages and advantages of BIM.
- BIM requires a lot of monitory funds as the operation is carried out by the costly software upgradation and the prolong training for the actual performance for effective BIM rendering.
- At the initial period of project BIM entails lot of work. The task is not limited to just submit plan of construction to owners. It requires sitting down with engineers, architects and respective sub-contractors proceeds with thorough discussion and sharing then only the collaborative plan can be submitted.
- At times BIM can be proved to be troublesome when there requires a change. Due to quick changes, whole order of construction gets disrupted. Settling the process takes lot of time.
- BIM minimize the rework : As BIM solves the errors and clashes; it saves a lot redoing which used happen before the advent BIM. It is one of the major benefits of BIM as confirmed by the contractors.
- BIM reduces the errors : One of the best features of BIM is the ability to detect the errors and clashes beforehand i.e. at preconstruction period. It is one of the significant benefits as the identification of mistakes leads to efficient coordination between every section of the construction project.
- BIM promotes the productive marketing : BIM encourages the companies for business participation. As the demand for BIM is growing among the clients, architectural & construction Engineering companies need to have the Building Information Modeling Services for better salability.
- BIM Visualization : On BIM model the architectural drawing are clear and provide a better understanding to the team for efficient execution.
- BIM encourages healthy collaboration : BIM allows every member of the construction team to sit together and discuss every detail of their respective parts before the construction that leads to an error free construction.
- BIM enables the flexibility : With the flexible feature of BIM, it allows the changes if needed any and the same change will be updated automatically with latest modification in the project.
Hence, Building Information Modeling is consisting of both i.e. advantages and disadvantages. But the growing attention and demand is encouraging the positive qualities over the negatives ones for the all-rounder efficiency of BIM.
CAD Outsourcing is an India based leading firm specialized in CAD services. We offer our services at International market along with Indian horizon. Our team of expert professionals is well-trained and skilled to tackle every complexity of given project. It is indeed their hard work and dedication which drives the CAD Outsourcing towards the path of success and glory. The services provide by CAD Outsourcing includes BIM services, Architectural Services, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Plumbing/Piping Services, HVAC Engineering, Shop Drawing Services, Civil Engineering Services, Green Building, 3D Walkthrough and Animation and Cladding. For further suggestions, aid or any detail please refer our contact details. We are available 24/7 and 365 days in year.