Advantages of Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Construction Managers
Construction Manager is one of the prime figures in construction projects who look after the whole operation right at the construction site. The core responsibilities include planning, coordinating and controlling the project right from the inception to completion. As the construction industry is divided into Industrial, Commercial, Residential, Heavy Civil and Environmental subtypes, hence, Construction Manager is present in each of the subtypes and holds the same responsibilities as mentioned above with the addition of knowledge of construction site that changes as per the sector. The knowledge of construction site varies as per the equipment, materials, subcontractors, contractors and location of the construction site.
After the advent of Building information Modeling (BIM), construction manager has relieved to a larger extent. As the principal figure in the construction site BIM Services assist the construction manager in a lot of functions. It helps in handling the time management, cost management, decision making, creating drawings, safety planning during the construction, calculation, and human resources. The work of construction manager started as soon as the design of structure finishes. Building Information Modeling Services facilitate the work of construction managers in a very smooth manner that helps them to conduct their operation easily. There are following advantages of BIM for construction manager are:
- Visualization : As BIM is well-known for its realistic visualization, it is easier for construction managers in bidding phase as the clear and real 3d visuals of BIM are helpful in walkthroughs, renderings and the arrangement of the model.
- BIM clash detection : One of the main reasons BIM is highly appreciated is its time and money saving quality as BIM detects every kind of conflicts before the construction results in the error free construction phase. With the help of BIM coordination drawings, the collaboration and coordination forms between each expertise. This collaboration is conducted by construction manager and general contractors before the designing phase.
- Observation and Groundwork during Construction : The mentioned procedure includes scheduling and sequencing of model needed for coordination. BIM 4D Modeling Services is the section that utilized in this phase. Construction Manager devised the timing of cataloguing, fabrication, consent for shop drawings, shipment of materials and insertions. BIM 4D Modeling Services uplifts the control process of construction managers.
- Systematization through BIM : Systemization in other words is also known as prefabrication that comes in effect when the components of ongoing construction project are transferred from manufacturing site to construction sites. It lessens the labor cost and increases the accuracy. BIM helps the construction managers to form a better communication between the products and engagements.
- Record Model : After the completion of every project, construction managers are need to provide a record Building Information Model to the owners which contains the unification of as built as collected from sub-contractors. Having a detailed BIM Record Model leaves a good impression on the owners of construction managers.
Hence, Building Information Model has proved to be an important tool for construction manager that guides them in every step to make their work easy and efficient. As the chief figure in the construction site they’ve got a tough job to conduct irrespective of weather condition. Given the circumstances, BIM has served as a blessing for the Construction Manager.
CAD Outsourcing is a leading name in the world of Computer Aided Design (CAD) based services which is successfully exploring its wings in International horizon along with Indian market. Our team of expert professionals is well-trained and skilled to handle the complexity of every given project that results in the successful completion within the given time-limit. The services offers by CAD Outsourcing are Architectural Services, BIM services, Rebar Detailing, Steel Detailing, Shop Drawing Services, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, HVAC Engineering, Plumbing/Piping Services, Civil Engineering, Green Building, 3D Walkthrough and Animation and Cladding.